Are you looking for Christmas gift ideas? Books always make a great gift.
Oh, you’ve already bought those and recommended them to your friends? You need more ideas? I recently discovered these very fun ladies, Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke, and their entertaining blog. In addition to their own book, Your Perfect Life, they have Liz’s Best Books of 2014 List on their webpage. Check it out.
Here’s my top ten list list of the best books I read in 2014:
1) Someone: A Novel by Alice McDermott
2) These Things Happen by Richard Kramer
3) The Possibilities by Kaui Hart Hemmings
Some short stories I liked:
4) Dirty Love by Andre Dubus III
5) Middle Men: Stories by Jim Gavin
These I re-read:
6) Rabbit Run by John Updike
7) The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
I tried a few memoirs that I enjoyed:
8) Son of a Gun: A Memoir by Justin St. Germain
9) Half A Life: A Memoir by Darin Strauss
And an invaluable book for the writers on your list that helped me get to the finish line when writing Take Me Home.
10) Still Writing by Dani Shapiro
And let’s make this a dozen with my writing friends’ books:
11) Carol White who has several great books
12) Just What I Always Wanted by Nancy Roman
Don’t forget: My book made the Coastal Star’s 2014 Holiday Shopping Guide, and I’m sharing the page with Coach Schnellenberger’s book Passing the Torch for all the football fans out there.
Happy Holiday Shopping and Go Pats!
Share your favorite books in the comments section below.